Ezekiel 48:35

Ezekiel 48:35 - And the name of that city shall be "THE LORD IS THERE"

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I Who Speak To You Am He

Jesus says "I am" seven times in John's Gospel.

In John 4, he first says that he can give us living water, when he talks to a Samaritan woman at a well.

In John 6, he tells a large crowd, "I am the bread of life." This is the same crowd of 5,000 that he fed the day before.

In John 8, Jesus says, "I am the light of the world."

In John 10, he says, "I am the gate" and "I am the good shepherd."

In John 11, Jesus says, "I am the resurrection and the life" in the midst of Lazarus' death, before he raises him from the dead.

In John 14, Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life" after washing the feet of his disciples, telling them one of them will betray him, and telling Peter that he will deny him three times.

In John 15, he says, "I am the true vine."

These all need to be at the forefront of our minds. Jesus is these things - how do they play into our lives? Read them and their context, study the words and paths of Jesus so that we may walk as he desires - walking with him in every step.

When Jesus, in John 4, spoke with the woman at the well, she said, "I know that the Messiah is coming. When he comes, he will tell us all things." Jesus replied, "I who speak to you am he."

He is our King. Let us know him and who we are by his victory and creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment