Ezekiel 48:35

Ezekiel 48:35 - And the name of that city shall be "THE LORD IS THERE"

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Zion's Guide

I came across this old journal entry of mine, and felt the need to share it.


ZION’S GUIDE

I’m directed today to one of my favourite psalms: Psalm 48. Therein, the writer describes God in his holy city, Zion, heaven. It ends like this:
    “Walk about Zion, go around her, count her towers, consider well her ramparts, go through her citadels, that you may tell the next generation that this is God, our God forever and ever. He will guide us forever.
Today, I read this psalm in my Bible, which was bestowed upon me by my father. It is adorned beautifully with my dad’s insights, heartfelt thoughts, notes, and passion throughout. The note beside this psalm reads:
"10.18.09 
*God - be my guide to the end!!”
That’s my dad’s birthday. This thought got me thinking, what is the end? God has guided me in many ways for my whole life. (Psalm 25:4-5, family, friends, mentors, etc.) The end is, well, never. And this thought I’m thinking is purely a day-dream-esque thought, but imagine yourself on a tour of heaven with God as your guide. 
Imagine a tour of God’s home with God as your tour guide. See all the rooms and delights that his home has to offer. Surely he wants to share those things with us! And surely, the greatest of those things will not actually be things, nor things he is showing us, but rather the greatest things will be God, us, and God with us. 
Our time today, on this earth, is to be lived in communion with God. What he has is ours, by grace. In his house are many rooms. And those rooms are prepared by our King, Jesus. 
Just a rabbit trail of dreams about God’s house, where we long to be. God. Us. God with us. 
Walk about Zion, go around her, that we may tell the next generation that this is our God, our God forever and ever. He will be our guide, even to the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment