Ezekiel 48:35

Ezekiel 48:35 - And the name of that city shall be "THE LORD IS THERE"

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Talking With Jesus

I believe in Jesus. I absolutely do. No question.

I know the Bible stories, quotes, and all the stuff we learn in the church building. I've been around it all everyday of my life. Literally.

Still, I find ways to exclude Jesus from what I'm doing...even when it's about him. As I've been thinking about all of this, I remembered the story of The Battle of Ai in Joshua. In the story, the Israelites went to battle with a city that was against God, but they never spent time focusing on God and seeking him before they went. Thus, they were routed in the battle.

Everyday I do that. Everyday I do things that I need God for, ministry or otherwise, and I neglect to seek my King in these endeavors.

So, my focus this week is to seek out my King in all I do.



Jesus my King, guide us and be with us, as you are forevermore. We follow you, we love you, we seek you, we believe in you. Guide us as we seek to show others who you truly are, as we seek to strengthen our fellow believers. You are King, thanks for your steadfast love and presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment