Ezekiel 48:35

Ezekiel 48:35 - And the name of that city shall be "THE LORD IS THERE"

Thursday, July 23, 2015

dogs

Tonight I am taking care of a friend’s dogs for an hour or so, they’re out of town for a few days. I let them out and all that stuff, then they came back in.
I’m not really in a dog mood tonight, I usually am, just not right now.
So they come in, one runs up to me and just wants me to pet him. So I do, and then he rolls over so I can scratch his belly. I notice it’s kind of wet, I figure at first it’s just from the gallons of water he just lapped up.
It’s pee! Gross! Haha, the dog peed while I was petting him, laid in it, and then I scratched him where he laid in his own pee. Dogs, right?
So for a few minutes I am just planning on sitting on the counter and letting these dogs run around…but then my silly brain starts to think.
Cheesy as this seems, I just thought about Jesus. We soil ourselves, still he interacts with us, redeems us, and treasures us. So the least I can do is spend time making sure these two dogs feel joy, whatever joy I can bring them.
Jesus, thanks for loving me even when I pee, lay in my own urine, and then approach you. My King is grace, joy, and resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment