Ezekiel 48:35

Ezekiel 48:35 - And the name of that city shall be "THE LORD IS THERE"

Monday, January 11, 2021

Pippin, Fool of a Took

"I am a messenger of the King," Pippin said. "You are speaking to the King's friend, and one of the most renowned in all the lands of the West. You are a ruffian and a fool. Down on your knees in the road and ask pardon, or I will set this troll's bane in you!"

All throughout the story of Lord of the Rings, Pippin had caused things to go wrong. He alerted orcs in Moria and a balrog to their presence, he talked to Sauron with a palantir, and more. He was, as Gandalf said, a fool.

Yet here we find Pippin drawing swords against a man bigger and stronger than him, all because he knows the king and he knows who he is with. 

I'm a fool. I have likely caused things to go wrong and could cause many more wrongs if left to my own devices. But still I can be the fool who acts in Jesus' name and thus finds courage, good things to stand for, and the king's purpose. I am no fool, I am a messenger of the king, formed to do as he would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment